Saturday, January 20, 2007

STILL PREGNANT!!

It is really strange how all of this has happened. I'm still in shock!

We are thrilled about our pregnancy, but to be honest, I am having a hard time believing that it's not just one long mix-up at the lab. I haven't been as sick as I expected, which is worrying to me. I feel like maybe if I felt worse and was sick more often, it would all be more real/believable.

Mostly, I am just tired. My bed time has now become 8:30 and I wake up a thousand times a night. I hear every move the dogs make and feel that it is now necessary to take them out to pee at about 3:00am (how they ever made it before is beyond me).

Fortunately, I have support. The gal who teaches across the hall from me recently had twins, so I seek her out and bug her for information. She told me she didn't get sick until week eight and her little boys turned out to be just perfect! This is only week five, so perhaps it is reasonable to think that I would not be ragingly sick.

I am going on Monday to put our name on the very long daycare lists in town and hope to get a spot by the time we need it. I know it is early, but I am kind of compulsive about that kind of stuff. I'm a teacher, so I am a freak about education. G-d help the daycare worker who gets my poor child/children because I have very specific ideas about early learning and developmental appropriateness. It ain't gonna be pretty! I wish that one of us could stay home, but that doesn't seem to be a financial possiblity at this point.

Anyway, if anybody has any info to share about early pregnancy and how to survive the amazingly constant worry, please share! Gee, I thought that if we could get pregnant that I would feel really relieved, and I do, but I also worry because anything could happen. Sure, anything could always happen, but especially right now I am worried.

3 comments:

Merr said...

I never, ever got sick when I was pregnant. The only thing that happened with my pregnancy is, that nothing sounded good to eat. I could only get mandarin oranges and dried cereal down for awhile. Not because I was sick, but because I just didn't have an appetite for anything else. I know lots of people who never got sick either, and all our kids are fine. So be happy you are not sick yet. I didn't even ever feel pregnant until I had a huge belly! I felt completely normal.

Stacy said...

I freaked out every time that my nausea seemed to disappear or my boobs felt normal. I worried constanly that something was going to go wrong. Thankfully, it never did. If your beta numbers were good then you are okay. Will you ahve another ultrasound or any more betas?

Anonymous said...

we too had our ivf consult scheduled and didn't expect to test positive when we did. something about throwing in the hat seemed to make things happen. congrats!

i worried that i was not sick enough too but i had a text book pregnancy and a perfectly healthy and happy baby girl. hang in there.

and like you, i thought the worry would end with a positive pregnancy, but there always seems to be something to worry about. then i wasn't sick enought throught the pregnancy, then she wasn't gaining back the weight she lost in the hospital, then she wasn't latching well, then she got her first cold, i think you can see where this is going ; )-

i suspect the worrying will never end at this point... but i'm getting use to it now.