Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A TINY BIT RELIEVED... FOR NOW ANYWAYS

Neither of us could sleep very well last night for the reasons I cited in my last post. But then Rachel popped up out of bed to throw up! This is good, right? She seemed to have gone from "feeling nothing" to obviously feeling something. And while she was in the bathroom, she did another pregnancy test, which was ragingly positive. I know, it might seem silly that we'd do another test, but with the progesterone she takes, there's always that chance that the pregnancy has tanked and we don't know it. So, a test helped to give us some temporary relief. We're going to the doctor tomorrow for an extra quant test, which we requested. We're hoping the numbers look good so we can just relax for another week until the ultrasound. At least for now we feel a little better. It doesn't get much better than vomit! (who ever thought?)

4 comments:

Merr said...

I am sorry to say that you'll never feel relieved. You'll be anxious throughout your pregnancy. You'll be anxious at the delivery, and you'll be anxious the rest of your life. Damn parenthood makes you so nervous, ALWAYS!! Good luck tomorrow.

googiebaba said...

Hi. I don't know if my experience will make you feel better at all, but I felt absolutely NOTHING for the first six weeks. I thought, I am going to sail through this pregnancy. I really shouldn't have talked, because at 6 weeks I had every horrible thing happen that you can imagine. But I have a beautiful son. I saying this in hopes that it will make you feel better. You don't always feel pregnant. The numbers from your blood test are excellent!

Anonymous said...

". It doesn't get much better than vomit! (who ever thought?)"

I can so relate! I normally avoid throwing up at ALL COST and now I find myself HOPING that I will! What a ride this is!!

Congratulations on the good numbers!

Anonymous said...

oh, gosh, i have to disagree with merr...partner and i went through 2 miscarriages before this pregnancy, and yes, we were anxious at the beginning, but once you see the ultrasound, hear the heartbeat, you WILL feel better and relieved. of course there is always something to worry a bit about, but there is nothing like those first weeks of wondering if the little bean will stick. i am 22 weeks now and have never been happier and more relaxed!!