Monday, July 30, 2007

I HEAR YOU!

I got my hearing aid this morning and now I can hear everything! As soon as the doctor placed it in my ear, I could hear papers crinkling, my keys clanking as I nervously played with them in my hands, the air blowing out of the cushion when the doctor sat back down on his stool, etc. When I left to go to my car across the street in the parking lot, I could hear cars far up the street approaching, the leaves blowing in the trees, and the birds chirping! Amazing! The best part is that I know I won't have to miss out on all of Button's coos and giggles or if she's crying, I'll actually know it! It is such a relief, that's for sure. I am so grateful for this technology.

As you can see from my photos, it’s not really all that noticeable. The straight-on view hardly shows a thing and I usually wear my long hair down, so you can’t really see it from the side, either. I pulled my hair back for the photo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool--that must be an amazing feeling! Kind of like when someone who hasn't been able to see first puts on their new glasses and notices the leaves on the trees...

Merr said...

That is awesome!