Friday, May 11, 2007

I BROKE THE NEWS

I've been out of town on business, again. In fact, I'm still here, but will be returning home later this afternoon. I can't wait to see my wife!

We've been staying at Henderson Village in Perry, GA (http://www.hendersonvillage.com). The last time I was here, R had miscarried two hours before I had to leave and there was no way to get out of going. It was horrible. So, of course, the whole time I was miserable, worried, sad, nervous, etc. And I couldn't really talk to anyone because my Fundamentalist boss and her sidekick didn't even know I was gay, married, or working on starting a family. It was a very uncomfortable situation and not something I wanted to revisit.

But, here I am, again. And they put me in the same damn room (Tenant Cottage #10), so I've been thinking a lot about the last time I was here. It's been sad.

Being here hasn't been all bad, though. I talked to my Fundamentalist-Southern-Georgia boss to tell her about our baby. It wasn't bad at all. In fact, she was really happy and seemed excited and had a lot of nice things to say. She also was more than happy to agree to let me take a week off for vacation in June, since we won't have any opportunities to do so for a very long time. (my July is already spoken for b/c of work obligations and R starts back to school in August, so June it is!)

No comments: