Wednesday, December 12, 2007

LAMBIE

R's mom recently bought two really cool stuffed animals for Button -- one's a horse, who we named "Franklin" and the other is a lamb, who we call "Lambie" (okay, so we weren't very original with that one). For some reason I can't quite explain, I've had the urge to sleep with Lambie every night. Anyway...

Last night, in the middle of the night, we both woke up and heard our dachshund, Otto, making all sorts of noise and he was definitely chewing on something. In one second flat, I realized Lambie was missing from the bed and jumped up to save her. I took her from Otto and boy, was I upset! I tried to let it go and just go back to sleep, but I couldn't.

So, I did what any mom would do (or maybe not)... I got out my sewing kit and performed surgery on Lambie. She needed quite a few stiches in her leg, chest, and face. I'm quite skilled at stuffed animal sutures, so Lambie is good as new! Thank heavens I was able to save her.

7 comments:

Kim aka Mommy said...

Whew! So glad you were able to save Lambie! :o)

Today's the big day! Good luck!

*G* said...

Glad you were able to save Lambie! Good luck with the induction (today?)! Looking forward to seeing pictures of Button!

Anonymous said...

Today is the 13th! I am soooo excited for y'all. I woke up and could not help to think that Button is coming. What a nice Christmas present!

Anonymous said...

Yea!! :o) I will be thinking of you both today!! Let us know as SOON as you can when she comes!

Love,
Christina

Anonymous said...

Yea!! :o) I will be thinking of you both today!! Let us know as SOON as you can when she comes!

Love,
Christina

Kim aka Mommy said...

Thinking of the 3 of you. Hope all is/went well.

*G* said...

I haven't been able to locate an email address for you - if you send me an email at butterbeansandbabydreams@hotmail.com, we can pass the info along!